My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.thespeedygourmet.net
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Octopi Stir-fry: No thanks!

My son loves to make stir-fry. He loves to mix it up a bit and try new things. I encourage that, I do. Lately, however, he has been making some really strange stir-fry meals {usually for lunch} that leave me a little queasy. 

Some of his recent recipes have been less than desirable {to me, at least}. He made a sardine stir-fry, a "some other fish in a can" stir-fry and most recently, this:

Octopi stir-fry

In case that view isn't close enough {to make you lose your lunch}, I offer you this:


Yeah - that's what I said.  He enjoyed it thoroughly!  I am not a big fan of calamari at all  in general.  There is something about the little legs in my mouth that is just plain unappetizing to me.

What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?



3 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I love calamari, so that actually looks appetizing to me. What sauce did he use?

BUT I can't stand mushrooms, water chestnuts, and oysters/clams/mussels. Anything I don't like it's because I've tried it multiple times and each time my body hated me for it. LOL

Rice Palette said...

Well as long as he enjoyed it :)

It's good to experiment and discover your talent. I've had a lot of "different" dishes, but I don't know if I'd say they're "weird". I've visited a couple of Asian countries and had quite a unique experience I must say.

Becca said...

Haggis is the weirdest thing I have ever eaten. I think I was more adventurous as a teen than I am now, I don't think I would eat it now!