My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.thespeedygourmet.net
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fun with Strawberries!




I went to the Farmer's Market in town yesterday and found some amazing fruit. I got a huge basket of strawberries and I couldn't resist having some fun with them. I love chocolate covered strawberries, and I wanted to let you know a neat product that I found in the produce section of my grocery store.

It is Dolci Frutta and it's so easy to use. The little tub is filled with these large chips. Just peel the top, microwave in 30 second increments, stir and voila! I wash and dry strawberries then dip them in the tub of melted chocolate. The quality is excellent and I don't have to fool with homemade chocolate (which I've tried before, but have always had difficulties in getting the chocolate to stay on the strawberries). I have not yet tried the other yummy ideas on their site, but they do have some wonderful tips and recipe ideas, including milk chocolate and white chocolate dipped strawberries!


Another way to enjoy strawberries is to put sour cream in one bowl, and brown sugar in another. Dip strawberry in sour cream, then into brown sugar - enjoy! It may sound strange, but it is so tasty! Enjoy!

This is a product I am fond of and want to share with my readers. There was no compensation involved, whatsoever, for this post.

2 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Okay, you are now the 2nd person that has mentioned sour cream and brown sugar for strawberries. MY BIL {he actually went to culinary school} keeps telling me I have to try it. I think I will now for sure!

Bananas also would be good to dip in that chocolate...mmm or pretzels. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to look for this. I think I actually saw it right next to the strawberries in the store the last time I went. I remember using it to cover my oreo truffles in and it worked really well. I don't usually make the chocolate covered strawberries because I've never been able to get the chocolate to set up right. I'm going to have to give this a shot.