My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.thespeedygourmet.net
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Quick Meal Ideas - Hamburger Stroganoff

You know those nights when you just don't have it in you to make a time consuming recipe? I seem to have those nights a lot, especially when I'm really tired. I will be featuring these quick recipes here and hopefully they will make your life just a little bit easier. Please let me know if you have a preference on the form below or the recipe cards I have used for other recipes. Thanks!


Quick Hamburger Stroganoff:

1 lb. hamburger meat
1 can of beer
1 package onion soup mix
1 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown hamburger meat and drain. Add can of beer and package of onion soup mix, stir.
Simmer for 1/2 hour on low. Most of the liquid should be gone but if you like more sauce, then you can add a little water. Add sour cream and salt and pepper. (I always add even more sour cream - but that's just me!). Stir until blended and warmed through. Serve over rice or noodles.

** Note - if it is not thick enough, simple add a little flour and mix in.

7 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Perfect quick fix meal. Most of those are a staple here anyway - well except the sour cream ... why is that?

I'll have to try it :)

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Perfect quick fix meal. Most of those are a staple here anyway - well except the sour cream ... why is that?

I'll have to try it :)

Unknown said...

I never thought of adding beer! Looks like a great recipe!

Andrea Proulx said...

I wish we drank beer, this would absolutely be a go-to recipe for me if we did. Maybe I should buy beer just to cook with!

abbyful said...

Looks easy and yummy (and a lot better than hamburger helper!). I'll have to try this recipe.

Another thing I do to mix it up a bit with stroganoff is to make a casserole out of it. I put half the prepared stroganoff in a square pan, layer cottage cheese in the middle (about 3/4 inch thick), then add the remaining stroganoff. Top with Grape Nuts cereal and bake for about 10-15 minutes until it's heated through.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm going to have to try this. I usually make beef stroganoff the traditional way, but this looks like it would be great for a quick fix!

Angela Hood said...

I've got this cooking right now and it smells delish! Thanks for the great recipe!
angelaspringer(at)hotmail